Elements of Harmony
March 28, 2024, 05:41:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Is the guild still active

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the guild still active  (Read 1714 times)
Rainbowdashie

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2011, 10:22:03 pm »

Hello everypony!

Just checking to make sure the guild isn't totally dead.  I actually got bored of WoW **** raiding over a year ago, but just hanging out and representing MLP: FiM in game would definitely make the whole experience 20% cooler.  If the guild is still active and having fun then I'll transfer over my lv 80 Paladin from Blackwing Lair in 10 seconds flat!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Braeburn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:46:59 pm »

Active as of now? Sadly, not very.
The guild was gaining momentum until our GM went MIA, not to mention most of us have been busy on our home servers thanks to 4.2.
Unless Lana comes back soon or I can stop focusing on my main and actually spread the word I don't think it's gonna be easy to make the member count "boom" until season 2 starts.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:50:27 pm by Braeburn » Report Spam   Logged
Rainbowdashie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 11:12:11 pm »

MIA, huh?  Since when?  No idea when he'll be back?  That makes me sad.  I was all hopeful that I might be able to squeeze a few last drops of entertainment out of the game while waiting on D3.  D:  I would just love to run 5 man dungeons with 3 or 4 guildies, but purposely inviting 1 or two outsiders just so we could force them to listen to all the pony talk. 

"I'm gonna pull, is everypony ready?" 
"My gear score just got 20% cooler!"
"This trinket matches my cuite mark!" ---> "/brohoof" x 3

Also, yeah, since I don't really play the game anyway I don't have a mane character, so I could help out with assisting everypony else with dungeon runs and quests.  Only lv 80 but that should be more than enough to help out with leveling.  I could do some PR, too.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:22:19 pm by Rainbowdashie » Report Spam   Logged
Braeburn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 11:28:24 pm »

MIA, huh?  Since when?  No idea when he'll be back?
According to my brother, she's in a rough spot right now and may not be able to get internet for a while, so there's no real ETA on that.
I would just love to run 5 man dungeons with 3 or 4 guildies, but purposely inviting 1 or two outsiders just so we could force them to listen to all the pony talk.
Would be fun to do, yeah. Things would be much easier on me if I could transfer my main over, but all of my money has gone into other things lately due to me wanting too much ****.
Report Spam   Logged
Rainbowdashie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 11:47:38 pm »

Ooh, there you go.  Transfer.  =^_^=
It'll be worth it.  :D  Then you won't have to jump between servers.  Who cares about being a a huge raid guild anyway.  It's just an endless treadmill.  Transfer your mane over and we can fix up the guild and have fun!  ^^
Report Spam   Logged
Applebloom

Ah want mah cutie mark now! =(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 01:41:15 pm »

We're still here. Just not as active. It was a real shock for us when our Gm went away, since so many people have actually paid money just to be with us.
I've actually been acting as a surrogate GM until she got back. As much as I wanted to get things together. There simply weren't enough people on at any one time to set up something.

But you seem new enough. I hope you have fun with us =)
Report Spam   Logged

Braeburn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 02:54:42 pm »

As much as I don't really like this alternative, in the event that Lana's gone for much longer than we expect (by the time she gets back on her feet, there's the chance that WoW may be the last thing on her mind) my brother and I have been discussing converting the guild on our home server into a Pony guild.

The pros would be that the guild is level 5(halfway to 6), but on the other side of the spectrum, people have already paid to be part of the Sargeras guild, as well as several people leveling up to at least 60, it would feel kind of wrong IMO.
Also, I dunno if I'd be able to sweet talk a GM into letting me change the guild name from "Unreal Heirs" since Paid Guild Name Change is supposed to be one of the upcoming features.
Even then, I'd feel like I'm going behind Lana's back by doing that.

I think I'll seriously consider going through with this if she's not back when season 2 starts. I'm not sure how much money I'll be able to make over the summer, but if this happens I'll try to set some of it aside to pay for a few transfers for some members.
Report Spam   Logged
Rainbowdashie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 03:56:03 pm »

Hmm.. ok.  Sounds fair enough.  I guess I'll just chill out here on the forums for now.  I don't want to make a character transfer until the guild direction is decided.  As long as there is a guild to support, I'll support it!  :D
Report Spam   Logged
Promontory

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 10:14:42 am »

I haven't heard anything from Lana in quite some time. When we last spoke, I recall that she said she was in quite the rough spot. I don't think she'll be coming back anytime soon at all. Her closest connection at the moment is the guild member "Gimpyimp"(think I spelt that right). Their friends in real life, and she would have more information on Lana's status.

That said, Braeburn's proposal does stand as an extreme alternative. Our guild on Deathwing is nearly level 6. I have all of my main characters there, we have a guild bank with alot of space. It's a very tough decision though, as we've all made new characters, and some of us have transfered.

There is, however, a Third more probable solution. One in which won't be an expensive ordeal or a huge headache. Our pony guild on Sargeras is only level 2. It's still very fresh. We could always just start up a new one, that way an active member can maintain the guild and promote it. My 85 Priest on Sargeras could foot the bill to start it up and get a tab or two. I'd also create the ranks so that Brae, myself, bloom and raritie could be the "GM's", since were all the most active and/or dedicated.

Again, these are all possibilities if the worst case were to happen.
Report Spam   Logged
Rainbowdashie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 08:31:23 pm »

Do most of the guild members check this forum regularly?  Would it be possible to have a poll to see which direction most people would like to go with the guild? 
Report Spam   Logged
Braeburn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 08:38:53 pm »

Do most of the guild members check this forum regularly?  Would it be possible to have a poll to see which direction most people would like to go with the guild? 
Only people who check the forums are the people that have posted in this thread.

Oh, and Doctor What, but he never posts and I forget who his character is.
Report Spam   Logged
Doctor What

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 11:48:48 pm »

I check these forums everyday.  Also, I've posted before.  I started that picture post that was quickly over-saturated with Luna pics by a certain someone.  My characters are Vynlerath, Soaren, and Cloudkicker.
Report Spam   Logged
Devious Shinobi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 12:43:16 pm »

You know playing by myself is starting to get really boring!
Report Spam   Logged
Kellivar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 11:31:01 pm »

I hope I at least get accepted into the guild cause I sent a request today. My character's name is the same as my name on here: Kellivar
Report Spam   Logged
Applebloom

Ah want mah cutie mark now! =(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 06:22:02 pm »

I hope I at least get accepted into the guild cause I sent a request today. My character's name is the same as my name on here: Kellivar
Hopefully somebody can get you in. I'd do it myself but I can't play WoW anymore.
I'm not even sure if anybody else still checks these forums.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum